While I have sort of stopped reading historical fiction as I grew older, there have been a few rare gems that I do come across now and then. The Literary Undoing of Victoria Swann by Virginia Pye is one such amazing book. A love letter to readers, writers, and librarians, The Literary Undoing Of Victoria Swann is an inspiring story about a woman who chooses to defy patriarchy with her written stories.Continue reading “Review: The Literary Undoing Of Victoria Swann by Virginia Pye”
Ratings: ☕☕☕☕☕ (5/5)
- An incredibly brave, kick-ass heroine torn between doing right by her family and pursuing her own dreams? Check.
- Struggle for feminism and freedom? Check
- A filthy rich, high society family with dirty secrets and skeletons in their closets? Check.
- A fast-paced, cardiac arrest inducing mystery? Check.
- Swoon worthy, bittersweet romance? Check.
If you like all of the above, then you are bound to fall in love with Jennifer Donnelly’s These Shallow Graves–an epic, thrilling, page-turner story about an elite young woman who gives up all the glamour of her high profile life in the pursuit of truth and justice.
I did. I really did. In fact, this book was so wonderful that I’m having an extremely hard time writing this review. How am I ever going to sum up the perfection this novel is in a 1000+ word review?